August 19, 2018

Battle Report: Arena Rex 8/18/2018 Ludus Magnus vs Legio XIII

Yesterday morning my son and I played our second game of Arena Rex and it was pretty fun.  We still made mistakes (some very costly), but the game is really starting to grow on me.  The quick game play and setup is what I really like of this game.

We only played a 3v3 again and it took us just over an hour, I know that is still a bit slow, but we are still learning the game.  We each broke out our Starter Sets and played with the following models:

Lugus Magnus
Micon
Marcus Furius
Infelix

Legio XII
Gaius Pallidus
Aquila
Ban-Luca

We played the standard scenario once again, but this time we added an additional Pit, and we had two of my new Spikes in the arena also.

Scenario: Munus
A classic match evolved from funeral traditions, the Munus is a standard combat between equally matched cohorts.

Deployment: Cohorts deploy in base contact with their controlling player’s arena edge.

Cohorts: Both players bring cohorts of equal value.

Restrictions: None

Victory Conditions: The last player with models remaining in the arena is the victor.



I forgot to take any pictures during the game, but my Ludus Magnus fell to Legio XIII once again.  Like I mentioned above, we still made mistakes and one of them was costly.  Early in the game we played Displacement incorrectly and I let my son place ‘Micon’ where he wanted him touching his base (instead of me placing my own model), well sure enough he was going to place him in the direction of a pit, and 3 Pushes later, ‘Micon’ fell to his death early in the game.  We re-read the rules for Displacement and corrected how to play it later in the game, but we left ‘Micon’ and dead.  It is a learning mistake.

We may try and get in another game in tomorrow night and hopefully remember from our mistakes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment