October 22, 2018

Weekly Chronicle 2018 #42 (Warmachine Weekend is a No Go)

As the title of my post says, with only 10 days before Warmachine Weekend starts, it looks like it is a No Go for my son and I to attend this year.  My son informed yesterday afternoon that he could not get the days off from work to be able to attend.  If I really wanted to (and I still may, I have not fully decided) I may decide to go down by myself.  Driving 6 hours by myself is not a problem, it i just that spending that kind of money to play in only 2 "fun events" they have listed may not be worth.  I have been complaining all year that the lack of information from them is ridiculous this year, 10 days to go and they still do not have all the information updated.  The only thing leaning me towards still going is that I do have a few friends attending and one has told me that gaming is 24 hours (so I probably would get a lot of friendly games in).  The cost of my tickets for my son and I cannot be refunded, but I had estimated it would save me around $750 (hotel/gas/food) if I elected to stay home.  I will probably sleep on it for a few more nights before I come up with my final decision and then cancel my hotel room if need be.

Moving onto some Guild Ball, now that my son has to work WMW and we have been getting in some games of Guild Ball, he said that he should be able to get off on Saturday November 10th.  Ft. Wayne, IN is having their first Season 4 Guild Ball tournament and the both of us will now be planning on attending.  So that means over the next 3 weeks, we will need to get in some more practice games.  I think we will also change up the Guilds the opponent plays so we can get some practice against different Guilds.  I have been meaning to attend a Guild Ball tournament for the last year and half, and never made it out to one (there is one this weekend too in Grand Rapids, but it is doubtful at the moment, if I stay home, then my son would be able to get in a practice game) so this would be our first official tournament.

Gaming last week was pretty decent, I was able to get in 3 games of Guild Ball in and 1 game of X-Wing which was yesterday afternoon.

For painting, I did manage to get 2 models completed for the Blacksmith's Guild, 'Alloy' and 'Burnish', and I have 'Veteran Cinder' ready to go on the painting table.

Models Completed: 2

Games Played: 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment