October 27, 2018

Daily Chronicle: Announced "Bourbon Trail Open IV" February 23rd, 2019

Well I have my first event/convention/road trip officially booked for 2019 and the year for me will start with the "Bourbon Trail Open IV" a Guild Ball event in Radcliff, KY on February 23rd.

For me the last few years, the first event of the year ha either been the "Las Vegas Open" or "AdeptiCon".  With "AdeptiCon 2019" being the last month of March in 2019 and now the "Bourbon Trail Open" at least one month before, it will make attending both events easier.

Last year I was considering attending the "Bourbon Trail Open", but two reasons had kept me from going.  One, it was only two weeks before "AdeptiCon" and the cost of attending both would have been hard.  Two, last year the organizer had moved the event away from a distillery and into a gaming store.  The "Bourbon Trail Open" originally started in a gaming store back in 2016, then in 2017 the organizer moved it into a distillery and the event was a huge success and a lot of players attended.  Then in 2018 to keep the costs down on renting a facility it was moved back into a gaming store and it really hurt attendance with only 21 players that attended.

This past Thursday afternoon "Bourbon Trail Open IV" was announced for 2019 and it was going to be back in a distillery hosted at "Boundary Oak Distillery" with a cap on player attendance at 36.  Once I saw the information on Facebook, I quickly sent in my payment and registered for the event.  I had asked my son if he wanted to attend also, but he wanted to verify it would be okay to take the time off first and was going to check with work on Friday afternoon.  By the time morning came the event was already 1/2 sold out and instead of gambling and losing out on a ticket, we went ahead and purchased one for my son also.  With the location only being 5 hours away, we can plan the trip where my son would only need Saturday off and we an get him back to work on Sunday.

With only 10 spots left later in the day, I asked my friend Frank if he was interested in attending and he he thought it would also be a fun event and jumped on registration.  With only 2 spots left now, we were able to also get Frank Jr a spot in the event and then shortly after the event was already sold out.  The "Bourbon Trail Open IV" still being 4 months away, sold out 36 spots in 24 hours.

Now it's time to go get some practice games in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment