October 17, 2018

Battle Report: Guild Ball 10/16/2018 Butcher's vs Fisherman's

Wow, I got to play another game of Guild Ball last night and this time it was not against my son or the Blacksmith's.  One of my friends that lives not to far away (who I occasionally played against before) came over last night for his first game of Guild Ball Season 4.

He is more comfortable playing his Fisherman's Guild led by 'Shark', so that is what I was facing.  I was thinking about making a change in my lineup, but decided on just playing what I have been the last few games to still get comfortable with the models.


 Ox
Princess
Boiler
Boar
Brisket
Shank
 Shark
Tentacles
Greyscales
Hag
Sakana
V Siren


I decided to kickoff to the Fisherman (not sure why, still deciding which is better, to kick or to receive) and the Fisherman started to do their thing and setup 'Shark' for his long run and shot on goal.

 Fisherman setting up 'Shark' for his run and shot.

'Shark' misses the shot.

As noted above, 'Shark' missed his shot.  Now he was easy carvings for 'Boar' and the Butcher's took an early lead 2-0.  Fisherman came back with 2 goals making the score 8-2, I was trying to get take outs but 'V Siren' was being a pain and coming back with 1 health, as was Tentacles being stubborn on dying.  Not having 'Ox' to help 'Shank' and 'Shank' being blinded, it took forever to do anything on 'Tentacles' (hiding in cover).

We did not play on the clock (wanted some time to chit-chat), but we did give ourselves 2 hours to play the game.  We were coming down to final 10 minutes and after the second goal by the Fisherman, the goal kick was kicked perfectly to 'O Brisket' who made her goal run and scored, 8-6 Fisherman.  The Fisherman wanted that goal so he could set up 'Shark' for one last run and hopefully redeem himself....he did...'Shark' got the run and the game winning goal.

'Shark' with the game winning goal.

Fisherman win 12-6.


0 comments:

Post a Comment