October 15, 2018

Daily Chronicle: A Day of Gaming 10/13/2018

First off I need to say that this is post #200 for the year.  It has always been a goal of mine since I started this blog back in 2009 (and my previous blog in 2008) to be able to write 200 posts in one year.  I was just shy of 200 back in 2010 with 192 posts, and last year I was on a decent pace to hit 200, but the last 2 months of year I really slowed down and finished with 171.  Since I have played a lot more games this year, this helped with my post counts since I try and do a quick Battle Report after each game (I always do not, but I try).

This past Saturday, my son and I had a day of gaming here at home.  Originally the plan was for our friend from Arizona (now living in Indiana) was going to come up and join us for the day, but unfortunately he was not able to attend, and since my son already requested the day off, we continued on with the games.

First game of the day was X-Wing 2.0.  The original plan was to play a big 500 point game and give us a 3 hour time limit, well by the time morning chores (pets) were completed and the game table setup, we decided to just play a standard 200 point game in and play it on the 75 minute clock (this way is still gave time in the day for our other games).

Rebels vs Scum

My son was playing his Rebel fleet (above left) and I was playing Scum (above right) once again.  I have been really liking the Scum in X-Wing 2.0 and probably will be my go to fleet in X-Wing 2.0 (with also occasionally playing Rebels and Empire).  The Rebels had 2 T-65 X-Wings (Luke and Wedge) and 2 Z-95 ships, and for my Scum, I had 1 Firespray (Boba Fett) and 2 Kihraxz Fighters (Talonbane Cobra and Graz)


The Rebels made quick work of my Kihraxz Fighters and at one point was down 4 ships to 1 ship.  Talonbane Cobra did manage to do some damage before he was destroyed.  So it came down to the pilot skills of Boba Fett to try and defeat the Rebels.  Boba Fett took care of the Z-95's and Wedge and now it was down to Luke vs Boba.

Boba Fett vs Luke Skywalker

Boba was able to outmaneuver Luke and get a rear shot on Luke (just outside of Range 1) and damage Luke's remaining Hull point.  It was a win for Scum & Villainy.

After our game of X-Wing 2.0, we cleaned up the table, had a quick bite to eat and continued on with our gaming.

Games 2 and 3 for the day were actually Guild Ball.  Guild Ball Season 4 was officially released that day and we had an itch to try out the new rules and cards for our Guilds.  I decided I wanted to concentrate on my Butcher's Guild for Season 4 (with occasionally playing the other Guilds) and after a few days contemplating, my son decided to play the Blacksmith's Guild (his other two choices were Alchemist's and Hunter's).

Blacksmith's vs Butcher's

The first game we played it slow, no clock, so that way we can refresh ourselves on the new rules/cards and just playing in general, it has been about 7 months since we each last played Guild Ball.

Taking out 'Iron' for the win

My Butcher's were putting out a lot of damage, and I was able to win 12-0 in Turn 2 (4 Takeouts / 1 Goal).  My son has not played the Blacksmith's much and still needs more practice with them which he is planning on doing.

Our second game of Guild Ball we played the same 2 lineups, again no clock, but we decided to pick up the pace a bit.  It was just about the same outcome for this game, Butcher's won 12-2 (4 Takeouts / 1 Goal), but this time the Blacksmith's did manage 2 points.  In this second game, I managed to do a little bit more with my Captain 'Ox' than just a support piece, and he managed to get the win for my Butcher's.

Taking out 'Iron' once again for a Butcher's win.

The time now was 5:15 PM and it was time for our evening chores (feed the dogs and make some dinner), after dinner we had 1 more game lined up.

Game 4 of the day was Warmachine.  Originally I wanted to play my Minions army and play with my 'Dracodile' since it has been a long time and I would like to play with them for fun at Warmachine Weekend, but I got a text from my friend asking if I can fill in as their 5th player in the Warmachine/Hordes Team Tournament at the Michigan GT the next day on Sunday.  So I figured I better get in a practice game of the list I am more comfortable with and what I played with at this year NOVA Open WM/H Team Tournament, my Khador army led by Vlad.

Cygnar vs Khador

My son pulled out his Cygnar army he played with at NOVA and it was Stryker3 vs Vlad1.  At first I was quite shock with the amount of Infantry he had on the table, but I had a very good Turn 2 and managed to clear a lot of them off the table.

In the end it came down to my 'Conquest' colossal assassinating Stryker3.

Khador for the win

4 games in a day...wow that was fun.  I wish we could have played the 500 point game of X-Wing as originally planned, but the 200 point game was fun too and good practice.

1 comment: