October 29, 2018

Weekly Chronicle 2018 #43

It was another decent week for me in the hobbies/gaming world, with getting a few models completed an a few games played.  I do not think I will be last year's Painting Points or Models Completed,  but that is also due to fact I do have a lot more games played this year than I have last year.  As of today, I have 68 games played this year compared to 31 games played for all of last year.  I have more than doubled my games played and there is still two months left in the year...who knows, maybe I will hit 100, if not, then that may be on my list of things to accomplish for 2019.  Going back to my point, with more games played, it equals less time to paint, but I am coming around to the point that I am OK with that.

For modeling last week, it was mainly just Guild Ball models (actually looking back at the week, it was all Guild Ball models).  I was able to finish for the Blacksmith's Guild, 'Veteran Cinder' and 'Bolt', and for my Butcher's Guild, 'Veteran Gutter' was completed.  I also managed to prep a few Guild Ball models and those should be completed this week.

On the gaming side for the week, I managed to play 4 games, 3 games of Guild Ball and 1 game of Arena Rex, not too shabby for me considering there was no event that I attended.

This week on Thursday kicks off Warmachine Weekend, and last week I had decided to cancel my hotel room for the event and will not be attending.  A few reasons led me up to this decision, one is that my son was not able to get the weekend off so I would be traveling alone (not a big deal as I had other friends attending), two the lack of information from the organizers (I know, I am playing a broken record) has been horrible this year, only just last night did they finally post any information for the doubles tournament for the weekend.  That is one event that if I had planned on playing would have liked to have known how many points was needed so you and your teammate can work on a list.  I understand real life an get in the way when you organize big events like this, but this event is not in its rookie stages, this is the 15th year for Warmachine Weekend and I would think after that amount of time, it would be better organized.  The main organizer is stepping down this year and it looks like it will be taken over by someone else, we shall see what happens.....as of right now I have no plans for WMW next year, but may be attending SteamCon US instead.

That's a wrap for this weeks Weekly Chronicle, it will be a semi-shortened week for me coming up, as I still had the days scheduled for vacation due to WMW, the wife and I instead will take a short trip to  Frankenmuth, MI for a little get away.

Models Completed: 3

Games Played: 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment