October 20, 2018

Guild Ball: Unboxing 'The Falconer's Guild: Daughter of Falcons'

Once again, just like with yesterday's 'The Faithful: New Beginnings', I am late to the party, but better late than never.  'The Falconer's Guild: Daughter of Falcons' was supposed to originally be released this past June, but there were some shipping delays and it did not actually release until August.  When I was at GenCon this year, I actually had to chance to purchase the box set there, but decided to hold off.  With my renewed interest into Guild Ball with Season 4, the time was now.  I believe with this boxed set, I once again have every Guild Ball model (minus 'Pride' and Limited Editions).

The Falconer’s Guild focuses on dealing heavy amounts of damage both at range and in melee, a different spin on the hit-and-run play style of the Hunters. Many of the Falconer players focus on placing deadly Harrier effects on the pitch. Enemies within a Harrier effect become distracted and injured by swarms of birds of prey, causing them to suffer even more damage. The Falconer’s Guild is an ideal team for any Coach that enjoys a methodical and slightly tricksy play style, backed up by a capacity to deal raw damage to the opposition.

Contents:

  • Devana (captain)
  • Frelsi (mascot)
  • Ikaros
  • Mataagi
  • Minerva
  • Rundaas
  • Ball token (bunny)
  • Goal token (falcon post)
  • 3D Terrain piece (rough ground)
  • Cards
  • Token sets
  • Health dials




The contents of the box does come with cardboard tokens as you see above, we will use these temporary as I do have an order in with Muse on Minis for their tokens, I have the Falconer's tokens coming along with Season 4 upgrade tokens for the rest of my Guilds.

Once big complaint of this box set has been the quality of detail with 'Minerva', specifically her face.  Steamforged games announced that they will work on a resolution for this.  You can see in the picture below that the mouth area is not very defined.

I am sure my son will probably be trying these models before myself, aligning them with his Hunter's Guild.

0 comments:

Post a Comment