October 16, 2018

Battle Report: Guild Ball 10/15/2018 Butcher's vs Blacksmith's

Even though last night on our calendar was suppose to be X-Wing or BMG, my son asked if we could get in another game of Guild Ball in.  He wanted to get in more practice with the Blacksmith's Guild, and I could always use more practice with my Butcher's.  I have another game lined up for tonight against a friend of mine (still unsure what Guild he will be bringing), so the more games in, the better.  After tonight that will be 4 games in of Season 4 since this past weekend, and the previous 10 months I had only played 3.

 Blacksmith's starting lineup.

Butcher's starting lineup.

We both played with the same lineups as we had in our previous 2 games on Saturday.  My Butcher's lineup consisted of 'Ox', 'Princess', 'Boiler', O Brisket', 'Boar', and 'Shank'.  The Blacksmith's lineup was 'Furnace', 'Anvil', 'Ferrite', 'Sledge', Alloy', and 'Iron'.

All 4 games so far we actually used the "official" app for our game GB Manager, I am not a fan of the graphics/layout of the app (prefer GB Keeper), but I really do like the ability of the Join Game and being able to see what models are damaged on my opponents cards easier.  I still prefer having cards in front of me, and will continue to do so (for quickness of reading abilities), but I have no problems using the app for tracking damage.

This game was much closer than our previous 2 games.  Blacksmith's came out swinging and scoring and took an early 7-2 lead, with plenty of help from my mistakes, but then the Butcher's were able to turn things around and won the game 12-7.  Captain 'Ox' got the final Taken Out on 'Alloy' for the win.

 'Ox' for the win.


0 comments:

Post a Comment