May 28, 2010

Daily Chronicle: 5/28/2010: Memorial Day Weekend

Just a few more working hours and it will be Memorial Day Weekend.  Thank You to all the Veterans that served for us.

So what does that mean for me, probably not too much except for some modeling and gaming.  The wife and I had discussed the possibility of driving down to Tombstone tomorrow for their annual "Wyatt Earp Days" but with a 3 hour drive down and 3 hour drive back and not much funds to spend down there, we'll probably be taking a pass this year.  I am finally caught up with all my utility deposits and moving costs so hopefully the month of June we'll be able to get back to living a bit more normally and purchasing some models for my Blood Angels.

What I plan on working on this weekend will be my 2 Sternguard Veteran Squads for my Ultramarines army.  I hope to get both of the squads done, but will be happy to at least finish one.

I'd like to also assemble my Leman Russ Battle Tank.  Our Adeptus Arizona 40K League kicks off next weekend so I would like to be able to have some wiggle/play room when it comes time to building my lists.  The base points of the armies start at 1750 points, with the possibility of playing up to 1900 points (with added "territories").  The League is going to be a good time.  I ran a similar league in Illinois for Fantasy, but after Week 7 my son and I had to forfeit the remaining games with our move back to Arizona.  Really looking forward to playing the Imperial Guard for this.  I am getting more and more comfortable playing with them and I really like the Mechanized play style.

So it looks like it will be paint/play/eat for this weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment