March 24, 2019

Battle Report: Guild Ball 3/24/2019 Butcher's vs Hunter's (AdeptiCon Practice)

Seeing how last weekend I did not play in my own event "Cooking with a Roast", I needed some more practice games before I head off to AdeptiCon on Wednesday, so earlier today my son and I were able to get in 2 games (just like our 2 games of X-Wing practice on Saturday).

We both changed up our lineups a bit, I swapped in 'Brisket' this time with my 'Veteran Boar' Captain, and my son for the first time was trying the new Hunter's Captain 'Steeljaw'

The lineups that were played for Game 1 were:

 V Boar
Princess
Boiler
V Ox
Brisket
Shank
 Steeljaw
Snow
V Minx
Seenah
Jaecar
Egret


Like I usually do, I clocked out in this game.  My Butcher's were up 8-2 and then time expired and I lost 8-12.  Once Activation I must have spent like 15-20 minutes thinking about what to do, but 'V Boar' is still new to me and playing with 'Brisket' also changed some things up.  This is just practice and I need to learn from my mistakes.

For Game 2 my son changed his lineup once again and went back to a 'Theron' list, I decided to try the exact same lineup so I could get more practice in.


The lineups that were played for Game 2 were:

 V Boar
Princess
Boiler
V Ox
Brisket
Shank
 Theron
Fahad
V Minx
Seenah
Hearne
Mataagi


Game 2 went much better for me, especially Turn 1 where I was able to setup 'Veteran Ox' perfectly and pull in 4 Hunter's players into 'V Ox'.  The Butcher's were up 9-4 and I had two options to win the game, 'Shank' could charge 'Theron' under 'V Boars' Legendary and finish off 'Theron' and 'V Minx' for the win, or go for the game Game Winning goal.  The clock was getting close to the end of my first 45:00 minutes, so I elected to go for the Goal run with 'Shank', with a Bonus Time shot, 'Shank' scored the Goal hitting 4 with only 1 die.  Butcher's win 13-4.  This game I did play much faster, but I still had some time of slow play, I just need to quickly decide and execute.

I think for the Thursday "Early Bird Open" game at AdeptiCon, I'll probably go with the above list for at least 2 more practice games before Saturday.  Thursday's event does not start till 3:00 PM, so by the time Round 3 starts, it may be getting late for dinner.  I guess we'll play it by ear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment