March 17, 2019

Guild Ball: "Cooking with a Roast" Recap

Yesterday, I hosted my first Guild Ball tournament, as a Pundit and overall ever and I want to say it was a pretty good success.  My event "Cooking with a Roast" (named after the Cook's Guild being officially released the day before) was held at Fantasy Games in South Bend, IN (a nicely sized venue) that had plenty of room to host 16 players, I think anymore players, it wold intrude on other space in the store needed for their other products.

South Bend, IN was a nice central location and reached out and attracted players from the North in Michigan, the West in Illinois, the East in Ohio and players from it's own State of Indiana.

I had to dress like a Chef

There was a full event of 16 players registered on Longshanks, but one of the local players actually did not check-in so the event started with 15 player and would have to have a bye each round.  I was prepared to play in place of the bye, but on my drive down to the store, I received a message that the person who would help me with the event could not make it, so I was going at it solo.  Even though i have experience running other miniature gaming events, being my first Guild Ball event, I wanted to be dedicated to the players that came out to play.



The first Round my son took the bye (seeing how we probably had the closest drive than anyone else, I did not want anyone else to sit out the first Round), so that left my son 1-0 after Round 1 and Longshanks had him paired up against Alex Botts (World's number 1 ranked player, and a very nice guy to talk with).  I think that made his day for my son, especially when he even was able to get a Goal.

Dragi (Left) vs Alex (Right)

The event went to Round 4, and on the top table it was Alex Botts (IL) with his Blacksmith's Guild vs Eric Bemus (IN) and his Butcher's Guild.  In the end, it was Alex with a 12-4 win.

Final Round, Alex (Left) vs Eric (Right)
Here are the final standings for the event:

Final Standings
Awards
Left to Right: Eric M "Golden Spoon", Eric B "2nd Place", Pat V "3rd Place", Alex B "1st Place"
I want to THANK everyone again for coming out, and I hope everyone had a good time.  Here are a few more pictures from the event.












0 comments:

Post a Comment