November 19, 2018

Weekly Chronicle 2018 #46 (AdeptiCon Registration)

It was a pretty slow week for me in gaming and hobbying and hopefully this coming week will be a little better.  I got busy with the organization of my Guild Ball items.  I had a few more dice/token trays I need to put together for the Ratcatchers and Falconers, and then all the work I did to be able to print out Single Side Cards for Guild Ball (Part 1, Part 2).  The only game that was played was a 3v3 matchup this past Thursday night.

I did manage to get one model completed for the Blacksmith's Guild with 'Hearth', and I do have a few models just about ready to be completed and they will be posted this week, along with hopefully some more Battle Reports.  Planning to get in a full game of Guild Ball in tonight, then we shall see how the rest of the week goes, I have a feeling Thursday night after turkey I may just crash, then maybe get in a game or two on Friday since it is a day off for me.

AdeptiCon 2019 registration opened up yesterday at 1:00PM CST and I was ready to go with 2 computers opened, one for me and one for my son (although it looked liked I could have completed my son registration together with mine, but I did not want to take the chance, I will have to ask them for next year).  Registration went nice and smooth for me, although I did hear some people complaining about the process.  This year they used a queue system to get you into registration, for me, I did not have to wait, but for my son I had to wait.  The wait was not long, by the time I completed my registration, I was entered into the system for my son.

So what did I register for? It was close to what I had mentioned in my Daily Chronicle last Tuesday, with the exception for Sunday.  I had originally thought about playing in the Godtear Beginner's Draft Tournament, but since my son had the whole weekend off for AdeptiCon (except to help with his stores tear down on Sunday afternoon) I decided to change up Sunday.  My son does not have any X-Wing on his schedule, so we thought we would leave Sunday to try the X-Wing 8 Player Hangar Bay On Demand Pods.  I could not purchase a ticket for the Hangar Pods online (probably since there is no dedicated time slot, it starts when they have 8 player) so I am guessing we will need to pay the $10 onsite.

So here is my schedule (as of now) for AdeptiCon 2019:

Thursday: Guild Ball Early Bird Open 3:00 PM- 9:00 PM
Friday: X-Wing System Open Qualifier 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday: Guild Ball AdeptiCon Championships 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday: X-Wing Hangar Bay On Demand Pods 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Unfortunately I could not get any Arena Rex in, most of it interfered with above, and I did not feel like gaming on Friday until 12:00 AM (with their Friday event).  Since I am driving and have room in the car, I will probably bring my models/mat/terrain and maybe get in some open play (if I can get my models completed/painted in time).  That may be a good back up plan for Sunday morning if the Hangar Bay Pods are not filling up.

Since I am arriving on Wednesday afternoon this year, it looks like my shopping day will be Thursday morning and then on Friday if I lose out of the X-Wing tournament.  I am not sure how much I will be able to spend this year, I need to keep it realistic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment