November 4, 2018

Battle Report: Guild Ball 11/4/2018 Butcher's vs Hunter's

With only 5 days before our first Guild Ball tournament this Saturday, my son and I got in another practice game this afternoon.  It looks like my son decided on playing his Hunter's Guild for the tournament and I wanted to try a different lineup for my Butcher's.



 Ox
Princess
Boiler
Brisket
V Gutter
Shank
 Theron
Snow
Chaska
Hearne
Seenah
V Minx

Opening kick-off...Butcher's vs Hunter's.

I enjoyed this game a lot (well who doesn't enjoy it when their winning), but the Hunter's kept it pretty close.  A couple of early Take Outs and a Goal had the Butcher's up with the lead at one point 8-4.  After 'Brisket' was Taken Out and coming back onto the Pitch, I saw an opportunity to get a 12-4 win with 'Brisket' picking up the ball and making a long Pass to 'Shank' who would then take the Snap Shot (with Bonus Time) and Kick for the Goal....he missed! (a Snap Shot requires 2 successful results). 

'Shank' with the miss.

So the game then continued on.  Butcher's and Hunter's were each able to get another Taken Out and the score was now 10-6 Butcher's but time was running out.  The Hunter's then timed out on the clock and after their activation it was 11-6 (I still had 22 seconds left on my clock).  On my next activation, instead of clocking out, I made a quick Jog with 'Princess' and turned the clock back over.  Hunter's had one more activation left to get any points.  They went for a Goal with 'Hearne' but fell short on distance, activation over and the Butcher's win 12-6.


0 comments:

Post a Comment