March 2, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #9 (NOVA Open Registration)

Let's start with our usual recap of the week and I would it say it was an average week.  I was able to get in a 1500 point game of Warhammer 40K on Saturday (which is a plus if I get a game in a week) and I did complete a new 'Captain' for my Imperial Fists army.

So far for 2020 I am happy with how the painting has been going, January and February have been good to me and I was able to complete what is needed for AdeptiCon 2020.  The gaming side of the hobby I think I am a little behind schedule.  Two months into the year and I have only played 7 games of Warhammer 40K, so it looks like I am on schedule of hitting my 30 games for the year (probably more than that) but the other games are lacking.  Honestly right now the interest is not there for the other games, I am enjoying my time back with Games Workshop and Warhammer 40K.

Onto NOVA Open 2020, last night at 8:00 PM EST registration for NOVA Open 2020 opened, at least it attempted to open.  Their servers got so jammed with registrations that it actually took 45 minutes for my son and I to finally be able to check out, luckily I was able to get into the event I wanted.  I am officially signed up for the Warhammer 40K Grand Tournament (the GT has officially sold out as of this writing, 336 spots) and it has been a very long time since playing in a solo GT for Warhammer 40K.  After a lot of twisting my sons arm, he also registered for the 40K GT, but added a Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game event on Thursday, he actually was looking forward to the Me-SBG GT but I think I guilt tripped him into playing with me.  It'll still be fun and we'll get 3 days of Warhammer 40K.  Not playing to win at all costs, just trying to have some fun in a larger environment.  So once AdeptiCon wraps up at the end of this month, it will be time to start getting in 2000 point practice games of Warhammer 40K with the ITC Missions (close to NOVA Open missions) and work on the lists we want for NOVA.

That's a wrap for this week.

Models Completed: 1
Games Played: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment