March 15, 2020

Battle Report: MeSBG 3/14/2020 (Matched Play "Destroy The Supplies")

Yesterday my son and I actually got to play 2 games on a Saturday and the first game of the day was Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game (MeSBG).  Even before AdeptiCon 2020 was cancelled, our plan was to get in a game of MeSBG yesterday so my son can have a little practice before AdeptiCon. 

Games Workshop recently released a new "Matched Play Guide" supplement for the game which is basically a book full of scenarios for tournament play, most of the upcoming tournament will be using this new supplement for events, so my son elected to pick one out of his book and chose "Destroy The Supplies".  Seeing how he wanted to practice is half of his Doubles tournament list, the game was 400 points each.



I was playing my Army of the Dead led by the King, and my son had Gondor which was led by Aragorn.  I used the deployment behind the shallow waters to my advantage to help slow down his army and allow me to pick and choose fights.  My warband on my left flank took out the 3 Gondorians across from them, although the dice were not with me on wounding models in this game so it took some time, but they managed to get thorough and then score the Objective.  I broke off a piece of right flank to go and score Objectives also, and I was able to destroy all 3 Objectives across the board for 6 VP's.  I protected my own Objectives as best as I could but did manage to give up 4 VP's in them.

The Gondorians were near breaking and Aragorn decided to break away from his battle with The King to try and slay as many Dead as he could, time was not on his side and the Gondorians broke and then lost the game 8-5 once their army hit 25%.


Not sure when I will play MeSBG again, but my son his hoping for another game with Gamer Addict Frank when he comes up to visit us in two weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment