March 24, 2020

Battle Report: Kill Team 3/22/2020 (Core "Sweep And Clear")

On Sunday I rolled out my new TABLEWAR Kill Team mat, set up some terrain and my son and I played our very first Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team game at 125 points each of my Imperial Fists vs Dark Angels.


I decided to start with one of the Matched Play missions in the Core Rulebook, so the mission was "Sweep And Clear".




The objective of this mission was to secure Objectives at the end of the battle with each one being worth 3 VP and earning 1 VP for each enemy taken out of action.


At the end of the battle (which happened at the end of Round 4) we were all tied up on enemies killed at 3 a piece, but the Dark Angels were holding 3 Objectives to the Imperial Fists 1, so my Imperial Fists had lost the first game of Kill Team 12-6.

For our very first game of Kill Team, we did not use the "Scouting Phase", which I noticed events like AdeptiCon do not use this phase also during setup of the mission, and we did not use any Command Points yet.  We wanted to get an idea of how the game mechanics worked before using Command Points.  When we play on Friday, we'll add the Command Points in and see how the game goes.

I think once we get all the mechanics down with the game, this will be a very nice fast pace game to play, it will even allow to try out different armies/models that I have been looking at.

0 comments:

Post a Comment