March 23, 2020

Battle Report: W40K 3/21/2020 (ITC2020 "Cut to the Heart")

This past Saturday my son and I played our first 2000 point game of Warhammer 40K (8th) using the ITC2020 Missions (second time playing with the full ITC rules).  Instead of just randomly rolling a mission from the packet, we are making our way through the packet first and the second mission was "Cut to the Heart".



It was Imperial Fists once again for me and Dark Angels for my son with a twist that he added 'Draigo' from the Grey Knights as an Auxiliary Support Detachment.  My Secondary Missions consisted of: Marked for Death, Ground Control and Old School, my son chose: Born for Greatness, Behind Enemy Lines and Old School.




I had a pretty decent Turn 1 where I managed to kill 4 Units to my sons 1 and took an early lead for the Round 4-2.  The Dark Angels tried to keep it close with most Rounds scoring 4-2 for the Imperial Fists and although the Imperial Fists just about tabled the Dark Angels, they still scored quite a few points between the Primary and Secondary Missions.  The end result was a 32-17 win for the Imperial Fists.  Right now the Dark Angels do not have much that can isolate my Centurions, they are just wreaking havoc and a core essential for my Imperial Fists.  'Draigo' did come into my battle lines and wreak havoc on my 'Whirlwind' and 'Eliminator' Units and then finally taking out my Warlord 'Chapter Master Captain' before he could be slain himself.



I am working on a 2000 point list to try without the Centurions in them, they will not be fully painted by the weekend, but that's OK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment