March 15, 2020

Battle Report: W40K 3/14/2020 (ITC2020 "Seize Ground")

As I mentioned this morning, I was able to get in two games yesterday (with the first being MeSBG) and the second game was Warhammer 40,000. 

The new rules for ITC 2020 were recently released at the end of February and we were going to wait till after AdeptiCon was over to start playing these rules/missions, but since AdeptiCon was over, we thought we would try our first full ITC game with 1500 points, seeing how it was our first time playing with all the Secondary Missions/Objectives we wanted to make sure we were playing it right (next weekend we will try a full 2000 point game).

Since it was running a bit late after our MeSBG game, I just decided to play my 1500 point Imperial Fist list that I was planning on for the AdeptiCon Friendly.

For now, we just started with the first Mission in the ITC packet, "Seize Ground".



I chose my Secondary Missions of: Headhunter, Marked for Death and Ground Control.  My son with his Dark Angels choose: Born for Greatness, Behind Enemy Lines and Old School.

My son chose to go second and pick the Deployment Map and his Deployment Zone, so my Imperial Fists were going first.


Well the Imperial Fists with their 'Centurion' squad are now match for the Dark Angels, the Fists managed to table the Dark Angels.  Although, the Dark Angels had a pesty Captain that just did not want to die, and actually took out Tor in close combat.  That was the moral victory for the Dark Angels.

End result was 33-7 Imperial Fists.


I actually enjoyed playing the ITC Mission and scoring each Turn/Round on the score sheets (I printed/lamented custom one for Imperial Fists and Dark Angels).  Looking forward to trying the rest of the missions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment