March 1, 2020

Battle Report: W40K 2/29/2020 (AdeptiCon "Burn It Down")

Yesterday my son and I spent our time playing through the latest FAQ changes for Space Marines in a 1500 point game using one of the AdeptiCon 2020 Championship Missions "Burn It Down".




I enjoyed playing this mission, from the Deployment Zone being 15" to the fact you had to make a decision on whether or not you want to hold an Objective or destroy it and then the added benefits of playing for Tertiary Objectives.

Now what about the new Doctrines for Space Marines? Yes not being able to sit in the Devastator Doctrine all game hurts my Imperial Fists, but it honestly was not bad.  My Auto Bolt Rifles then gained an advantage in Turns 2 & 3.

I was a little scared in this game with going Second, but my Imperial Fists held there ground and I was slowly able to pick off Dark Angel Units one by one and finally wiping them out by Turn 5 and at the same time holding onto some Objectives.  The Imperial Fists scored 35 points to the Dark Angels 1 and in AdeptiCon tournament results scoring, the Imperial Fists would have scored 40 and the Dark Angels 0.




0 comments:

Post a Comment