December 15, 2015

Battle Report: WM 12/14/2015 Khador vs Cygnar (35 Points)

Last night I met my son for another practice game at our LGS (Empire Games) to get ready for the LVO. It is my second game playing with the Steamroller 2015 scenarios (first game was last week which I lost, not documented). We have been testing with 35 point lists so I can familiarize myself more with the rules and my army before we make the jump to 50 points.
 
We have also been playing with the Death Clock since all games at the LVO will be using this format. Time management has been hurting me in these 2 games. The first game I lost because my time expired, and last night I got the win via Assasination just as time expired.
 
35 Points "Close Quarters"
 
Player 1: Dragi
Faction: Cygnar
 
Lord Commander Stryker
- Squire
- Ol' Rowdy
- Stormclad
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Sword Knights - Leader & 9 Grunts
- Sword Knight Officer & Standard


Player 2: Dean
Faction: Khador

Forward Kommander Sorscha
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr
- Conquest
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
Gobber Tinker
Winter Guard Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts
- Winter Guard Officer & Standard
- 2 Rocketeer's
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Winter Guard Mortar Crew

During deployment I had forgotten that my 'Flag' does not award me any Control Points unless it is controlled by my Warcaster. I used my Winter Guard to go for my 'Flag', it worked out in the end since they were used to defend my Flag, but I should have ran that Unit to capture my opponents Flag and use Conquest to defend my own. Lesson learned, that's what these practice games are for.

Due to 'Kill Box' I was able to receive 2 Control Points at the end of Turn 2. My son then received 1 Control Point when he eliminated a WG on my Flag. After a few long distance shots at Stryker through out the game, I was able to finish him off with a Combined Melee Attack from my Winter Guard using Kovnik's speech that granted me +3 STR and Lady Aiyana's 'Kiss of Lyliss'.

A lot of painting for him to complete for Las Vegas.
Stormclad struck out swinging against the Winter Guard.
Winter Guard preparing to finish off Stryker.
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment