September 18, 2018

MeSBG: The Dead of Dunharrow 'Warriors of the Dead' x10 (1)

The new Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game starter box came with 20 'Warriors of the Dead' and I ordered 20 more direct from Games Workshop, so I have 40 'Warriors of the Dead', 5 'Riders of the Dead' and 'The King of the Dead', that is enough points to easily make 750-800 point armies.  I really wanted 8 'Riders of the Dead' so they can be their own Warband, but GW only had 5 left in stock, I'll have to keep checking back with them.

Anyways, back to my Warriors.  With 40 models, I decided to break up my painting of them into groups of 10 for ease of painting and the feeling you get when you finish a model.  If I would paint all 40 at one time, it would get very boring and repetitious.

There is not much to painting the 'Warriors of the Dead', they are dead after-all, and there are a lot of different paint schemes out there on the internet.  I recently came across one that I really liked a lot, and if I did not come up with my own, I probably would have used his (white primer, Coelia Greenshade wash, Terminatus Stone dry brush), but instead of reinvesting in GW paints, I went with the P3 paints I currently own.  I ended up priming my model all black followed by heavy drybrush of Ironhull Grey.  Once that was dry it was a full wash of Army Painter Dark Tone to darken my grey some.  I then did a full light drybrush of Underbelly Blue, followed by a light drybrush of Morrow White on the top halves of the bodies.  The last step was to add some shades of green in a few places (I saw this on the GW studio models and I liked it a lot), this was done using Army Painted Green wash in just a few places.

I actually did have to buy some GW paint for the bases, I wanted the brown ring around the base to match the existing models I painted years ago.  For these bases I did a full basecoat of Battlefield Brown followed by a light drybrush of Menoth White Highlight.  The ring was then done in GW's Mournfang Brown

10 Warriors down, 30 to go.

 Warriors of the Dead x10 (1)

Warriors of the Dead x10 (1)

Painting Points: 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment