September 22, 2018

Battle Report: X-Wing 9/21/2018 (Scum vs Rebels)

Last night we got in another game of X-Wing 2.0, this time a full 200 points vs 200 points.  We were still a bit slow on time (much slower than the 75 minutes allowed in a tournament game), but we are still learning 2.0 and some of the new symbols on the cards.

Since I just opened 'Lando's Millennium Falcon' expansion pack, I thought it would be fun giving it a fly.  Han Solo and Boba Fett flying siide by side with an escape pod.  Since I am still fresh on 2.0 and all the upgrade cards, I based their upgrades on the quick build lists that Fantasy Flight Games offers on their website (and in the new 2.0 packaging).

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - Han Solo - 71
    •Han Solo - The Corellian Kid (54)
        Marksmanship (1)
        Chewbacca (4)
        Rigged Cargo Chute (4)
        Tactical Scrambler (2)
        Lando’s Millennium Falcon (6)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - Boba Fett - 103
    •Boba Fett - Notorious Bounty Hunter (80)
        Lone Wolf (4)
        Perceptive Copilot (10)
        Seismic Charges (3)
        Inertial Dampeners (1)
        Slave I (5)

Escape Craft - Outer Rim Pioneer - 26
    •Outer Rim Pioneer - Skillful Outlaw (24)
        Tobias Beckett (2)

Total: 200/200

My son was flying the Rebel Alliance led by Luke Skywalker in a T-65, 2 additional T-65's and an A-Wing.

As I mentioned above, I am still getting a hang of the new Action symbols, but I am liking what I am seeing so far, Boba Fett was really fun to fly (I had more fun with him than the Millennium Falcon) and he seemed to have done most of the work.

Both of my ships survived and the Scum and Villainy won the battle, but Han Solo was down to his last Hull point and Boba Fett has lost all his Shields.

I started my first two Turns with Boba Fett Reinforcing his Hull and eliminating the Stress by doing so.  The Reinforced Hull really helped his ship a lot and I need to try that tactic again next time.

It came down to the Rebels just having Luke Skywalker left, and Boba Fett had a rear shot that was able to finish him off.

Really fun time with Boba Fett and I am hoping to try him soon with a couple more smaller ships.

I realized after Deployment, I should have placed Boba Fett on the outside to take advantage of Tactical Scrambler on Han Solo.

Escape Pod launches from the Millennium Falcon.

Han Solo weakens Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett takes the kill shot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment