September 21, 2018

Battle Report: X-Wing 9/20/2018

Last night my son and I finally got in a couple of games of X-Wing 2.0.  Just to begin with and refresh my memory on how the game plays (since it has been over 3 years since I played X-Wing) we elected to just start of playing with the Starter Sets.  My son was flying the Rebels with a T-65 X-Wing and I was playing the Galactic Empire with 2 Tie Fighters.

Game 1 Deployment.

It was actually really fun playing again, our first game (as with all new games) we had our heads buried a lot in the rules manual, it was more of me forgetting on how things worked.  I spaced out my 2 Tie Fighters in deployment to try and draw the X-Wing towards one of them while I flanked with the other. In this game, the X-wing managed to destroy 1 Tie Fighter and the second Tie Fighter finished off the X-Wing.  A win for the Galactic Empire.

Lone Tie Fighter destroys X-Wing,

In game 2 I deployed both of my Tie Fighters next to each other (no pic, just to try something different).  This game moved along much faster as we did not have to reference the rules manual as much.  It was another win for the Galactic Empire as I still had both of my Tie Fighters still flying.


In these two beginner games, not much of the 2.0 rules were actually used, I did do some Barrel Rolls just to see how they work now.  We still to get some more games in with adding more of the 2.0 rules into the game.  I am hoping this weekend to give it another try, a few more games played and then we can start adding in the game timer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment