September 16, 2018

Battle Report: Arena Rex 9/15/2018 Ludus Magnus vs Legio XIII

Last night my son and I played our first 5v5 game of Arena Rex.  Yesterday morning I quickly assembled 'Septimus' for my Ludus Magnus Cohort, and 'Sulla', 'Valen' for my sons Legio XIII Cohort.  With 'Nero' already being completed, we were now able to play a 5v5 game.

Scenario: Munus
A classic match evolved from funeral traditions, the Munus is a standard combat between equally matched cohorts.

Deployment: Cohorts deploy in base contact with their controlling player’s arena edge.

Cohorts: Both players bring cohorts of equal value.

Restrictions: None

Victory Conditions: The last player with models remaining in the arena is the victor.


As with all my previous games (but 1) my original 3 Ludus Magnus models went down pretty quickly, but it was 'Nero' and 'Septimus' that changed the game for me and pulled out the victory.  Slowly but surely I was able to bring down all of the Legio XIII.  I actually do have to give some credit to 'Micon', at least in this game he was able to push a model into a Pit before he fell to his death.

I still need some more practice with 'Nero' and 'Septimus' as playing with Mount is a bit different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment