February 18, 2018

Hordes: Trollbloods Back On The Table

It has been 2 years since I painted my last Trollbloods Solo and 2-1/2 years since my last Warbeast.  I have always like the models of the Trollbloods, but painting the blue for me was very time consuming and I could not get it quite the way I liked it.  I only like to play with painted models so most of my work is aimed at ‘table top quality’, I do spend some extra time on characters, but if it looks good to me then I am happy.

As you can see if you read this blog, lately most of my models have been the Minions (which I do like more than Trollbloods), but I can coming close to the finish line on having all of them done and I am always looking for more models to add to my painting queue.  There is still a few Solos and such I still need to add to my Minions and if I want to duplicate more Warbeasts, but it’s time to maybe dig out the Trollbloods again.

The other day while driving home from a game againsy my friend (who played Trollbloods), I got to thinking about my Trollbloods and “what if I paint them in my Minions scheme”, it paints much faster than the blue scheme I am currently using.  I am still going to keep the blue ones that are finished blue and run them together in a list, but I think the Minions scheme will look pretty good on them and I can get them completed a bit faster.

So on Friday I dug out all my Trollbloods models that I currently have unpainted and painted and made out a list.


I really did not realize that I owned that many models, especially unpainted ones.  Looks like I have enough to keep me busy for awhile.  After researching some current Trollbloods lists that I can utilize my models with, I did come up a few short and had to put in an order with my son back in Arizona.

I know I need to start working on my ‘Winterguard Rifle Corp’, but I am getting the itch to try out a model in the new scheme.

Stay tuned........

0 comments:

Post a Comment