May 30, 2017

Daily Chronicle: Back From Arizona and What's In The Pipeline For June

Last Wednesday morning I flew back to Arizona so I could pick up my wife and youngest child and move them here with me to Michigan.  We were not planning on startingour drive back to Michigna till the next day on Thursday, so Wednesday I had the day to get a few gaes of Guild Ball in with my oldest son.

I brought my Guild Ball teams with me, and decided to give my Fisherman's Guild a try while my son played the recently painted Alchemist's Guild I just finished up.

We ended up only playing 2 games, the first game we played with no clock and took our time while we were still learning the new Guilds.  Plus the dice were not with me and I had missed 3 shots on Goal (2 from 'Shark' and 1 from 'Salt').  I still ended up winning 12-0, buit should have been 24-0.

  'Angel' finally gets the game winning goal.

In our second game, we decided to go ahead and play with the chess clock.  If we made a mistake, oh well, the clock was going to teach us how to play faster and prepare for any tournaments that I may get to play in the future.  To be honest, I actually liked playing with the clock.  It turned the 3 hour game into one that was probably just an hour.

We both elected to play with the same Roster as the first game (since we just learned the rules for those models) and that helped with the speed of the game.  I actually played really smart and was really quick with my clock (unlike when I play Warmachine/Hordes with the clock and always 'clock-out'). I also ended up winning the second game, 12-4 and this time the dice were a bit better.

I do like the playstyle of the Fisherman and really need to get more games in with them (the problem I have where I am at in Michigan).  There is a tournament coming up on June 24th, but that is 3 hours across the state near Detroit, so it is very slim that I could make it out there.  Hopefully maybe I could at least get a few more friendly games in for June.

 The 'Shark' Show

After our game we headed to a local Gaming store (Desert Sky Games & Comics), they are mainly a "Magic the Gathering" store with a few miniatures. They just recently announced that they are moving to a new location and are having a "moving sale", so we decided to see what they had.

Well, I walked out of the store with quite a few models at a GREAT price.  I was able to find the last model I needed to complete the entire Engineer's Guild with 'Veteran Velocity'.  Retail price $14.99, and I was able to get her for $5.99.  We were also able to find 'Smoke' for my son's new Alchemist's Guild (which now he will have to paint on his own) and then I found a great start for a new Butcher's Guild.  Unfortunately they did not have the Starter Set for them, but I was able to pick up a lot of solo models.  'Princess', 'Meathook', 'Shank', 'Tenderiser'.  I'll go ahead and place an order soon for the Starter Set and probably include 'Fillet' with my order, and it will be a great start for the Butchers Guild.

 
   
Now what do we have in store for the month of June? May is just about over with and I do not have any model prepped to be painted yet, so we will have to concentrate on June.  I'll probably prep a model or two tonight to get ready.

For my Engineer's Guild, I have 'Mother' and 'Veteran Velocity' that I would like to complete.  Once these two are done, then I will have the entire Engineer's Guild paiinted.

Just before I left to Arizona, I received a lot of Union models (like Harry The Hat I finshed before leaving), so I may throw in a a few models to finish.

I would like to get all the Butcher's ordered and possibly start on them, but more than likely they will be a July project.

Finally, I still have to continue on our Bolt Action Airborne armies.  I think I will get my sons second US Airborne squad completed for sure, once this squad is done, it will only leave me with 2 MMG Teams and a Howitzer to complete for his Army.  I do have till March of 2018 to finish both the US and British, but why wait till the last minute.

I think that will probably be it for now.... I have a week's vacation coming up mid June, but that will be reserved for 'house chores' so I'll lose some hobbying time then. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment