January 27, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #4 (Worried About AdeptiCon)

Week four was not a total waste of a week where a little bit was done during the week.  Luckily mid week I had decided to paint up the newest Captain for the Alchemist's Guid with 'Soma' and then I did spend some time over the weekend continuing on my Imperial Fists.  Hopefully this week I will be able to complete that Unit as AdepriCon is getting closer and closer.

Then on Saturday my son and I got in another practice game of Warammer 40K, with a handicap.  We wanted more practice in the Fight Phase so we played a smaller point game that no Shooting was allowed except for Overwatch and if already in Combat.  It was a good game and we had quite a bit of combat, once we each got into our opponents Deployment Zones ad captured the Objectives, the game ended up being a Draw, but it was nice to recap the Fight Phase, but I want my shooting LOL.

AdeptiCon 2020 is fast approaching (as noted above) 58 days and I was kind of getting worried about the Warhammer 40K Team Tournament.  My son and I formed a team with a friend of mine from Chicago and his adult son, they have never played Warhammer 40K and wanted to start learning and I thought this would be a fun event for all of us to play together (this was back in November).  Now here we are at the end of January and they still had not purchased their models nor any books for the game.  My friend was suppose to come out for a learning day this past Saturday, but life gets in the way (started a new career as a Realtor after 30 years in his family business) and had 2 showings that were scheduled for Saturday and could not come out.  Saturday morning I then decided that more than likely I was going to have to cancel the Team Tournament event and receive store credit or possibly make a post in the Grand Rapids area for anyone looking to fill our Team.

I called my son downstairs into the mancave to discuss our options.  My friend Frank from Arizona (now in Indiana) was busy doing the Middle-earth Grand Tournament on Saturday/Sunday (I had thought) so I had not originally asked him.  I sent Frank a message Saturday morning asking if he had gotten into the Middle-earth event, it turns out he did not, and the other event he was also signed up for Saturday he was on the wait-list.  As soon as I asked Frank if he and his son would join us on our Team, he was all in...... and the plus side is, Frank knows how to play the game.....our Saviors!

So I am back on schedule for AdeptiCon 2020. and nothing to worry about now.

Models Completed: 1
Games Played: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment