January 29, 2020

W40K: Re-basing Salamanders

With the AdeptiCon Team Tournament approaching really quick, lots of items still need to get done.  Now that our friends from Indiana are joining us in the event, his son will be using on of our Space Marine armies in the Salamanders.

When my son and I started playing Warhammer 40K again a couple months back, I ordered some Litko 32mm clear acrylic bases to be glued under the existing 25mm bases (this works perfectly) but it does not match the rest of our armies being used for the Team Tournament.  Awhile back, Games Workshop changed most of the Space Marine Infantry bases from 25mm to 32mm, and when you are measuring distances from the base in this game, 7mm does make a difference.

So to have the Salamanders ready for AdeptiCon, I need to re-base 16 models, which is not a lot (but it is not all of my sons Salamanders, I will have to get to the rest after AdeptiCon).

As of this post, I have completed 11/16 and the remaining 5 should be completed sometime this week and then I can get back to my other projects.

In the picture below, the Space Marine Tactical Marine on the left has the 32mm Litko base, and on the right, one of the models re-based with GW 32mm.


0 comments:

Post a Comment