January 24, 2020

W40K: Previews From LVO

Last night/early this morning (12:00 AM EST) Games Workshop held their "preview" out at the Las Vegas Open with a look at some of their new models coming out for Warhammer 40K.  For the full on preview, please visit Warhammer Community.

Honestly I would be a little bit more excited with the Preview if I had not recently decided on the Tyranids for my next Warhammer 40K, it was between the Tyranids and the Adeptus Mechanicus, and it looks like the Ad Mech are getting a release of new models.





The rules for these models will be in an upcoming Physic Awakening book "Engine War".


Games Workshop also made an announcement about Forge World where they will be retiring the Index book and releasing a new series of rulebooks with updated rules for units and armies.

This one gets me a little nervous as I had just recently purchased my first 2 Forge World models (still unassembled) and I am little scared they may change too much rules wise and points cost before I even get to try them out.  I purchased a 'Leviathan' for my Imperial Fists army and a 'Malanthrope' as one of HQ choices for my new Tyranids army.  The 'Malanthrope' is what scare me the most since my initial 1000 point list was built around him and a 'Tervigon' as my 2 HQ choices.  I guess we will wait and see what happens with my 2 models.



Once again, for the full article, please visit Warhammer Community.

1 comment:

  1. You should have been in the room when they showed all the new models. People were going nuts and it got real loud. I hope they treat the FW world stuff right and add the rules into the new army books moving forward. It seems strange that I have to buy a second book for a few data sheets.

    ReplyDelete