November 15, 2020

Blood Bowl: Pre-Ordered Season 2

Well I actually bit the bullet yesterday and ordered a copy of Blood Bowl Season 2 from our local gaming store down in South Bend, IN.

I kept going back and forth, "should I or shouldn't I" and made the "yes" decision.  By the time I made this decision a few of the other items I wanted they were already out of stock for the pre-order.  Luckily come 1:00 PM I was able to jump on to the Games Workshop site and grab a few more items.



Blood Bowl Season 2 Box Set

The core game is the Season 2, 2 player box set that comes with 2 Teams, 'Imperial Nobles' and 'Black Orcs'.  Not sure if the 'Black Orcs' will ever see the Pitch, but the 'Imperial Nobles' most definitely will.

Special Play Cards

The Special Plat cards re used to have some fun with the games and can even up the odds when playing against a Team that is over powering.  These cards are not needed for a regular game of Blood Bowl, but I thought we should have set "just in case".

Treeman

The 'Treeman' can play for either the Wood Elf or Halflings, and since my sons main team will be the Wood Elves, I was able to get one of these ordered for him.  In all honesty, I wanted to order the model just for 'Akhorne the Squirrel'
Akhorne the Squirrel

Along with all the new items for pre-order, I also ordered another Team for myself, the 'Eleven Union Team'.  I like passing in Football games and the Elves can pass the ball.  I wanted to order them so I can have a different kind of playstyle.  It will be fun seeing these guys go up against the Wood Elves on the Pitch.

Elven Union Team

I am really glad I made the decision to order the above yesterday.  We ended up playing 2 games of Blitz Bowl yesterday and the game is exactly what I expected and wanted.  Our first game took us some time to get through as we were still learning the rules, but our second game took us exactly and hour (and I know we can speed that up a bit too).  We ended up splitting the 2 games, a win/loss for each of us.

Although Blitz Bowl is fun, I can see myself in the future wanting a little more depth in the game (when time allows) and that is what Blood Bowl is for.  The full 11 player game of Blood Bowl may occasionally take too long, but there are variants out there like 7's (7 players on a smaller Pitch) that I see us playing more frequently.  Instead of a 3 hour game of 11's, maybe just a 2 hour game of 7's.

Well our new items do not get released till November 27th, so I still have two weeks of waiting.  Until then, more games of Warhammer 40,000 and Blitz Bowl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment