November 13, 2020

Blitz Bowl: Welcome to the Pitch...Again

For the last few years whenever I referred to "Pitch", I usually meant for a game of Guild Ball.  This past year Steamforged Games dropped the product that started it all for them, our Guild Ball.  There are some die-hard fans that are going to keep it going and we shall see how it goes (it can work, as you will see below).

Sometime in the 2000's Games Workshop had dropped their game Blood Bowl and the fans kept it alive for many many years.  Then in 2016 Games Workshop re-released the game with all new rules and plastic miniatures.

Two years later in 2018, they released a smaller version of the game called Blitz Bowl, to be played with 6 miniatures on your team with a playing time of around 30-45 minutes (once you know the rules).

I did not jump on any of these games because, well I had my Guild Ball.  Come 2020 and time have changed.  Back in September Games Workshop released Blitz Bowl Season 2 and in just a few weeks, Blood Bowl Season 2 will be released.

I am always looking for games that can be played quicker (to fill in some time when we are not playing Warhammer 40,000) and I thought Blitz Bowl may just now be that solution.

You can only purchase Blitz Bowl in US from a Barnes & Nobles retailer, so I placed my online order this past Sunday and my package arrived yesterday afternoon.  I quickly opened my box and got the miniatures assembled so it can be ready for a test game this weekend and then we will bring it with us next week on our getaway.



Now the question arises, do I pre-order Blood Bowl Season 2 tomorrow?

0 comments:

Post a Comment