November 29, 2020

Battle Report: Blood Bowl 11/28/2020 (Humans vs Wood Elves)

Our pre-order for Blood Bowl Second Season Edition was picked up by my son on Friday from our LGS, and yesterday was our first adventure in the game (my first Blood Bowl game in 15 years).

My son was playing a new Wood Elves team that he recently purchased and assembled, and I went ahead and quickly assembled a Humans team a few days before to have ready for this game.  The box set does come with a team of Imperial Nobles and Black Orcs, but I knew I was not going to be staying up late Friday night to assemble these.


We played a full game of 11 players each on the Pitch, 8 Turns each per Half, and I knew that since this was our first time that it was going to take awhile, I had planned on starting at around 12:00 PM and finishing by 6:00 PM, and sure enough I was right on schedule.  The goal eventually is to get these games down to about 2.5-3 hours, but that is also the reason why I have invested in Blood Bowl 7's Pitch's to speed up the game (smaller Pitch, 7 players a side, 6 Turns each).

Also in this game we wanted to try out situations where there may not always come up as much, especially with Fouling and Long Passes, and those Long Passes sure came in handy.

For the Humans first Touchdown (my team), I went for a Long Bomb Pass to my 'Catcher' in the End Zone, and the dice gods were with me as I made the Pass and Catch for the Touchdown.  Later in the Second Half I also did another Pass (not Long Bomb) to my 'Catcher' in the End Zone for a second Touchdown, but that one was to tie up the game 2-2.


It came down to the final Turn for each of us and I had another chance for a third Touchdown, my good ole 'Thrower' who was reliable all game went to pick up the ball and failed his Agility roll, it was my last chance, I just had to hope the Wood Elves had nothing going for them.  Sure enough where the ball landed, it was just out of reach for the Wood Elves to score, so the game ended in a Draw 2-2.

The game was fun, really needs to be shorter for us, it would be nice to be able to get in 2 games in this time frame.  I think next time we will try 7's and see how that plays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment