November 16, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #46 (X-Wing/Blitz Bowl Recap)

I am pretty happy with how week #46 turned out.  I was able to get one model completed for my Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Fists army with a 'Primaris Lieutenant in Phobos Armour' and my son and I got in quite a few games over the weekend.

On Saturday we started the day off with a game of X-Wing where I decided to fly Scum with two 'Firespray' ships which I have not done in a long time against (one of them being 'Boba Fett') against four T-65 X-Wing ships led by 'Luke Skywalker'.  I managed to take out at least one T-65 but I lost 'Boba Fett' early on (rolling 8 blanks on defense on 3 rolls is bad) so it was an uphill battle.  I do like that list and will be trying it again next time.

When we wrapped up with X-Wing it was time to learn the learn the game of Blitz Bowl.  As I mentioned yesterday, our first game took us some time to finish with my Humans losing to the Wood Elves.  I then decided to try the Elven Union cards (proxy with Human models) and was able to get the victory over our forest siblings.

Most of our items are all packed for our trip this week, but we opened up Blitz Bowl for one more game yesterday afternoon just using the Humans and Dwarfs from the box.  I elected to try out the Dwarfs for this game.  This game was tight the whole time and it came down to the very last play of the game and my Dwarfs just barely got the victory 16-14, it was a lot of funny and we are getting to the point that we do not need to reference the rulebook much either (which is  good thing).

No painting is going to get done this week with the two of us leaving for Wisconsin Dells early Thursday morning, but when I get back I have a couple models I want to paint next for my Imperial Fists.  I have another 'Primaris Lieutenant' from the Indomitus box all ready to go on my table, and I just recently purchased the new 'Primaris Techmarine' that I think will be painted at the same time.

There will be gaming this week though.  Some games of Warhammer 40,000 (not sure how many yet as we are going to be trying 2000 point games along with a big 3000 point game) and we will be mixing in games of Blitz Bowl in the evenings.  It will be a good week, I am going to try and remember to take some photos this week for a weekend recap.

Models Completed: 1
Games Played: 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment