November 25, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #47 (Wisconsin Dells Recap)

I know I am a few days late with my weekly post, but Monday we were traveling back from Wisconsin Dells and yesterday I got busy catching up with real work.

My son and I spent an extended weekend (Thursday-Sunday) at our timeshare up in Wisconsin Dells just relaxing and getting in some games.  We packed up our Alpha Gaming table and boxed up our terrain and armies and headed to the Dells.  Since we had the points to spend on a larger unit, I booked us the 2 bedroom which also had a decent space in the living room for us to play.


After a long day of driving and shopping at Noble Knight Games, Warhammer and Cabela's we spent Thursday evening with a game of Blitz Bowl.

Friday was our first day of playing Warhammer 40,000.  The plan was to play 2 games at 2000 points each on a round timer of 2.5 hours.


My Imperial Fists got the victory in game 1, and then for game 2 we also elected to play on a chess clock with 1:15 on each clock.  Again my Imperial Fists pulled off another victory.  After a nice sushi dinner, it was another game of Blitz Bowl.

Saturday was a shorter gaming day for us.  We started the day off watching the latest Games Workshop preview show and then got the table ready for a 1000 point game.  I brought my Tau army with me and it was the first time playing with all the models for them.  The Tau managed to squeak out a victory.  We did pause the game around lunch time and headed out to town for some lunch and do a little sight seeing.  My wife and I always wanted to get a chainsaw carved bear for our house, so we stopped at Watson;s Woods (a Grand National Champion caver) and I found a bear that would be perfect for us.  He even carved in "Welcome" for us on the bears sign.  After dinner is was another game of Blitz Bowl (and final game for the weekend).


The plan for Sunday was a 3000 point game of Warhammer 40,000.  By the time we woke up and got the table ready, it was around 11:00 AM.  We set a time limit to finish by 6:00 PM so we can go for a nice final nights dinner.






Unfortunately for my son, my Imperial Fists had one heck of a Turn 1 and really crippled his Dark Angels army, it was going to be a long uphill battle for them which they could not pull off.  By the end of Turn 5, I managed to wipe out every model from his army.

So for the weekend we managed to play 4 games of Warhammer 40,000 and 3 games of Blitz Bowl.  The Blitz Bowl games were all pretty close, not so much with the Warhammer 40,000 games.

Well this week is Thanksgiving week and I do not think there will be any painting done (maybe start on a few colors) but there will be a few games played.  I am thinking another game of Blitz Bowl and possibly X-Wing on Thursday, then on Saturday we should have our new boxed set of Blood Bowl and hopefully we can walk ourselves slowly through our first game (we shall see how that goes).

Models Completed: 0
Games Played: 7


0 comments:

Post a Comment