November 10, 2020

W40K: Imperial Fists 'Primaris Lieutenant in Phobos Armour'

Awhile ago I purchased the Space Marines Vanguard box set so I could have a Unit of 'Suppressors', inside that box also came a 'Primaris Lieutenant in Phobos Armour'.

Now with the release of the new Space Marines Codex, you can only run one "Captain" per Detachment, so the need for a "Lieutenant" is now greater.  So what a better time to finally get a "Lieutenant" completed.

Primaris Lieutenant in Phobos Armour

Primaris Lieutenant in Phobos Armour


I really love the way this model came out and I am finally happy with how my matte varnish spray finished.  I mentioned the other day that my favorite Testors Dull Cote has been discontinued.  Shortly after posting that I found an online retailer (semi local...same state) michtoy.com that just recently wrote a blog post about this and how he did some comparison tests.  The winner was actually from AK Interactive (and it seems a lot of hobbyist use this one) but you must apply it with an airbrush.  I am fine with using an airbrush, but it takes me longer to get it out and then have to clean it and put in back than a spray can.  At the end of his blog post he mentions if you want a spray can equivalent, then try Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish.


I ordered two cans that day and boy were they fast with shipping.  My package arrived yesterday and I was able to spray my 'Lieutenant'.  The finished result is much better than what I was getting lately from Testors (ever since they sold to Rustoleum) and it comes out a little cheaper too (that is always a plus).  I just hope that this can will still be easy to find and the results stay the same.

Painting Points: 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment