November 11, 2020

W40K: Imperial Armour Compendium (Forge World)

The new Imperial Armour Compendium from Forge World was released this past Friday and my copy just arrived in the mail today.
My son and I do not own many Forge World models, just a 'Relic Leviathan Dreadnought' each and I also own a 'Malanthrope' for my Tyranids army, but legally if we use these models in a competitive event, we need to provide a copy of the rules when asked.

The recent reviews of the 'Relic Leviathan Dreadnought' have it considered to be a "loser" in this new book, but I actually feel quite opposite.  For the build out that I run (double Storm Canon Arrays) the cost of the model went down from 350 points to 240 points.  The number of shots for the gun went down from 20 to 16 and the Toughness of the model went down from 8 to 7.  For me the plus side is the guns increased in distance from 24" to 36"and it is a Vehicle which no longer suffers the -1 to hit when moving.  

The distance of the gun is my main plus.  With the new Space Marine Codex, my Chapter Doctrine ability got nerfed and now only works with Strength 7 weapons (and this is only for on Turn 1), so for me the added 12" is a plus and the points decrease will actually see me using this model more now in 9th edition.

Next weekend I plan on doing quite a few test games with it, we shall see how it performs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment