September 21, 2017

Battle Report: Guild Ball 9/20/2017 Butcher’s vs Hunter’s

Not much of an actually battle report, but more of an A$$ kicking to the Butcher’s.

Last night I finally made the trek out to Big Kidz Games in Grand Rapids, MI for Wednesday night Guild Ball gaming.  Wednesday nights at BKG is pretty much dedicated for Guild Ball and Warmachine/Hordes.  I have been meaning to get up there on Wednesday night since I started collecting Guild Ball, but 82 miles one way is quite the distance to drive for a single game.  Luckily majority of the drive is all Interstate so it takes only about 75 minutes.  I wont be able to do this on a weekly basis, but maybe I can get up there every other week.  I need to play more games so I can get a better understanding on how everyone works.

Eric, the ‘Pundit’ for Western Michigan usually arrives around 6:30 PM and that is about the time everyone started showing up (I got there around 6:10 PM since I was not sure about traffic).  He brought 3 Pitch’s with him and Terrain, and I also brought along my Pitch/Terrain just in case.  There was about 7 players who showed up for Guild Ball and about 8 players showed up for Warmachine/Hordes, so there was a pretty decent crowd.


I got to play Joe and his Hunter’s Guild.  Joe is fairly new to the game but has a decent amount of games under his belt, last night was going to be his first time playing with the Hunter’s.  I have been wanting to try out my Butcher’s Guild, so an Ox led Butcher’s team hit the Pitch.

Butcher’s
Ox
Princess
Boar
Boiler
Brisket (V)
Meathook

Hunter’s
Theron
Fahad
Chaska
Egret
Jaecar
Seenah

I lost the kick off so I was kicking to the Hunter’s.  I decided to go ahead and kick off with ‘Veteran Brisket’, it was a good kick and a pretty decent postion.  It went between ‘Seenah’ and ‘Egret’, and Joe snapped the ball to ‘Egret’.

From there it was a lot of dancing around with the Hunter’s and doing some long ranged damaged.  I made a big mistake and forgot to allocate Influence to ‘Veteran Brisket’ (I did not see her up the field while I was allocating the Influence), otherwise she could have gone up and tried to tackle the ball.  So not much was really done this Turn for the Butcher’s.

Hunter’s kept on dancing around and keeping just enough distance away from my Butcher’s so I could not do any real damage.  When I would try and get close enough ‘Seenah’ would Charge into me and wreck some havoc.  Twice he was able to get off Bear Hug to take out ‘Ox’ and ‘Boar’ earning him an additonal VP for those take outs.

‘Boiler’ and ‘Princess’ were able to team up and take out ‘Fahad’ for 1 VP making it 6-1.

‘Egret’ then finally made a move towards my Goal with the ball but did not have enough Influence left to take the shot.  ‘Veteran Brisket’ was standing by real close ready to attack at the top of the next Turn.  Of course I lost the roll off and Hunter’s were going first.  ‘Egret’ did an attack on ‘Veteran Brisket’ so he could earn some Momentum and Dodge away and took the shot on Goal and scored making it 10-1.  I played the Plot Card Super Fan which allowed me after conceeding a goal to place the ball-marker in possesion of a friendly model within [6”] of the friendly goal.  So I place the ball-marker  on ‘Veteran Brisket’, she Sprinted towards ‘Boiler’ and passed him the ball.  At that point, ‘Theron’ was able to finish off ‘Meathook’ for the win and I lost 12-1.  I did activate ‘Boiler’ next (just for fun) to see if he would have scored....he did...




First time with the Butcher’s, I am still undecided on them, I need to give ‘Fillet’ a chance next time and see how I like them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment