June 7, 2010

W40K: IG Leman Russ Battle Tank

Games Workshop©
Well with the new Imperial Guard Leman Russ Battle Tank kit being released this past Saturday, you'd think this post was about the new kit, sorry.

When I first started buying the models for my Imperial Guard army, I purchased somewhere along the lines 14 Chimera's.  Seeing how that I was not going to need all 14, I traded one plus cash for a Leman Russ Battle Tank.  Since this trade was a few months ago, it is obviously not the new kit.

I started assembling my Leman Russ this past Saturday night and I was able to complete it yesterday.  Seeing how I already had new kit for the Leman Russ Executioner, I wanted this Battle Tank to look close to it.  So I left off the covers on the tracks and swapped out the turret cover to match the newer one.  I think it looks pretty close to my Executioner.  I also used some of the extra pieces from the Executioner (Punisher gun, Melta sponsons) and a friend of mine has given me some of the metal Plasma Cannon sponsons so that now I can run the Leman Russ Battle Tank or the Leman Russ Punisher and I can also swap out the sponsons for either Heavy Bolter, Meltaguns or Plasma cannons.  I opted not to model the Heavy Flamer sponsons since I usually do not get that close to the enemy with my large tanks.  I prefer the sit back and shoot approach.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the Leman Russ with some of the different add-ons.
Leman Russ Battle Tank with Lascannon and Heavy Bolters

Leman Russ Punisher with Heavy Bolters

Meltagun sponsons

Plasma cannon sponsons

Painting Points: 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment