June 30, 2010

W40K: Blood Angels Assault Squad 1 (Assembled)

[caption id="attachment_324" align="alignleft" width="64" caption="Blood Angels"][/caption]

I was finally able to start on some new models for my next army, the Blood Angels.  The other day I wrote about modeling/painting my Sanguinary Priests (those were models I already had and converted) and now I officially started with the new models.

The other night I had purchased one box of the new Blood Angels Death Company box.  With this new box, you can either assemble Death Company, Tactical Squads or Assault Squads.  There is enough bitz in each box to assemble 5 models.  So at $33.00 a box and I need 20 Assault Marines that would come out to $132.00.  So I wanted to find a way to save a little.

Back to the Space Marine bitz box I have in my closet.  Low and behold I was able to find 10 Assault Marines.  So my plan of attack was now going to be to just purchase two boxes of the Death Company and spread out the Blood Angel bitz to form 2 units of 10 man Assault Squads.  Each 10 man Assault Squad is going to have 1 Sgt. with Power Fist, 2 Marines with Infernus Pistols and the remaining 7 Marines will be armed with BP/CCW.

Here is the first assembled Assault Squad that I pieced together.  I plan on getting them base later tonight and maybe by this weekend I can start painting them.

[caption id="attachment_375" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Blood Angels Assault Squad 1"][/caption]

0 comments:

Post a Comment