December 17, 2009

W40K: IG Leman Russ Executioner Part 2

Here is Part 2 of my Leman Russ Executioner. As I stated earlier, I got impatient on the drying time of the "dip" and attempted to Matte spray the vehicle before 24 hours. Well that was a mistake. Some of the "dip" started to bubble on top and made the vehicle look awful. I ended up sanding some of it away and touching it back up and reapply the "dip". I learned my lesson and will NEVER do that again.

So here are three pictures of the Russ, dipped, matted and next to some of my other models.

Leman Russ Executioner

Leman Russ Executioner
Leman Russ Executioner

3 comments:

  1. I like the very interesting look you've done with the different browns.
    I'm not a big fan of dipping, but this work makes it worth reconsidering. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY.. this is the first army/first time I had tried the "dip". Since we were shooting for a "desert theme" I thought the dip would come out good. I cannot see myself using it on bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize this stuff was dipped. It looks great! Makes me reconsider the dipping process.

    ReplyDelete