June 15, 2010

W40K: Ultramarines Dreadnought

Games Workshop©
Back to our regular scheduled programming of finishing the Ultramarines, for now.

Early this morning I mentioned a possibility of modifying my Ultramarines from a 1750 point list down to a 1500 point list.  Well I decided to go that route.  In place of a second Sternguard Veteran squad with a Drop Pod, I swapped out that squad for a Dreadnought with Drop Pod.  I've always wanted to see how a Dread plays in a Drop Pod, so now is my chance.

I still had one more Dreadnought left over from the AOBR box set, and he was already assembled and sand glued to the base.  So during lunch I basecoated the model and finished him up.

So now that still leaves me with a Sternguard Veteran squad already assembled, what to do? what to do?  "Why, doesn't Kantor's special rule make all Sternguard units in your army a 'scoring unit', why I think he does".  So I went through my boxes to see what I have left for the Space Marines.

I have the above mentioned Sternguard squad, a Tactical squad from AOBR, a Scout squad with snipers and a Chaplain.  All I need to do is add Pedro Kantor a couple of Rhino's, a Vindicator and I'll have a decent 1000 point Crimson Fists army to play around with.  I'll probably run Pedro and the Chaplain with an 8 man Sternguard Squad and use them as my assault squad.  With +1 attack from Pedro and the ability to re-roll misses on the first turn of a charging assault from the Chaplain, this will give my Sternguard Squad 4 attacks on the charge that I can re-roll.  Not to shabby for a 1000 point list.

Well, here are a few pictures of the Dreadnought......

Ultramarines Dreadnought

Ultramarines Dreadnought

Ultramarines Dreadnought

Ultramarines Dreadnought

Painting Points: 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment