June 19, 2010

W40K: Ultramarines Tigurius & Librarian

[caption id="attachment_329" align="alignleft" width="64" caption="Ultramarines"][/caption]

I can now say that my Space Marine Ultramarines are COMPLETE.  Last week I had decided that I was going to change this army from 1750 points to 1500 points.  What I did was take out 1 Sternguard squad and swapped it with a Dreadnought (we'll be saving the Sternguard for a Crimson Fists Chapter).

When I finished the Dreadnought the other day, all that was left to complete was Chief Librarian Tigurius and a Librarian.  The Ultramarines are my all Drop Pod assault themed army and I wanted to run 2 Librarians with this theme.

This morning I started to paint Tigurius and the Librarian and just a few minutes ago I was able to complete them.  I actually still have the banner to complete for Tigurius.  What I did was magnetize the banner with a very tiny magnet.  I wanted to do this for two reasons.  One, I can paint the banner separately and spend some more time on it.  Two, I did not want the banner to break off in battle or while in transit.  If I am going to paint a nice banner, I do not want it to get ruined.

I am hoping next week to possible do an Apocalypse battle for the first time.  I do not own any Super-Heavies so I never really tried Apocalypse, but now I want to be able to combine my different Space Marine armies for a larger game.  I think we are going to be trying 4500 points a side.  1500 points from of these Chapters.  Ultramarines/Salamanders/Imperial Fists vs. Dark Angels/Dark Angels/Black Templars.  Yes I know two Dark Angel armies.  Well my Blood Angels are not done yet and my son and I each have our own Dark Angels army.  I'll let you all know how that game turns out next week.

Anyways, here are the pictures of the 2 Librarians for the Ultramarines.

[caption id="attachment_255" align="aligncenter" width="275" caption="Ultramarines Librarian"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_256" align="aligncenter" width="273" caption="Ultramarines Librarian"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_257" align="aligncenter" width="278" caption="Ultramarines Tigurius"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_258" align="aligncenter" width="244" caption="Ultramarines Tigurius"][/caption]

Painting Points: 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment