January 3, 2016

Battle Report: Hordes 1/2/2016 Circle Orboros vs Minions (15 Points)

Last night my son and I played our first Warmachine/Hordes game for 2016. So I guess that's a pretty good start to getting in 26 games for the year. Seeing how I was able to finish my Battlegroup for my Gatorman Army, we elected to give them a try and play some Hordes.
 
Seeing how we were just playing 'Tooth & Claw', the scenario we played was from the Primal Rulebook 'Claw & Fang'.
 
My son who was playing Circle Orboros was Player 1, and I elected to be Player 2.
 
15 Points "Claw & Fang"
 
Player 1: Dragi
Faction: Circle Orboros
Kromac, Champion of the Wurm
- Ghetorix
- Argus
- Gorax
 
Player 2: Dean
Faction: Minions (Blindwater Congregation)
Rask
- Blackhide Wrastler
- Bull Snapper
- Ironback Spitter
 
Seeing how I have not played a game of Hordes in such a loooooooong time, this game was more of just a learning experience and getting familiar with the mechanics of the game. The scenario calls for Assination or destroy or your opponent's Warbeasts.
 
Before we started play, I did a quick glance again of the card for Rask, I saw an Assination plan that I was going to shoot for (pun intended).
 
For the first few turns both of our Warbeasts were approaching each other. I was using some spells that was slowing his movement which helped. Bull Snapper went after Argus and finished him off in 2 turns. Ironback Spitter took a shot at Ghetorix and did some damage, but a few turns later Ghetorix might axe brought down my Ironback Spitter.
 
I then saw an opening on Kromac. I moved Rask a few inches closer towards Kromac and shot him with 'Paralysis' with a hit. That brought down the Defense on Kromac to 7. I then cast 'Boundless Charge' on Blackhide Wrastler and charge him towards Kromac. That was it.... Kromac went down for the count.
 
15 points of Minions fully painted.
Kromac goes down.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...