February 7, 2020

Daily Chronicle: First Attempt With Citadel Contrast Paints

During lunch today I made my first attempt using the Citadel Contrast paints, and so far I am not liking what I see.  I thought that painting my new Tyranids army the Contrast paints would be faster, but honestly I think that for my color scheme I am going for (Kronos), old school paints would be the way to go.

Applying the Black Contrast paint started to get messy and in some spots I hit areas that I should not have, then I have to go back over those areas with Grey Seer paint to touch them up before using the next Contrast color.

I am giving up for now and will use a different technique for my Tyranids (as stated above, I think will be faster).  If I was not going with the Kronos Fleet, then maybe these would be better, or even a different basecoat Spray like I did a decade ago for my old Tyranids.

Here are two pics of a Tyranid with the Grey Seer Primer, and Black Contrast paint.



0 comments:

Post a Comment