February 27, 2020

W40K: FAQ Space Marines 2/27/2020

There has been a disturbance in  the Warhammer 40K Universe this morning with a new FAQ for the Space Marines, and it is a pretty significant change, especially for my Imperial Fists.

In an effort to further reduce the competitiveness of the Iron Hands Chapter, Games Workshop made a change to the Combat Doctrines for Space Marines.  Previously everyone started on the Devastator Doctrine and then starting with Turn 2 can elect to change to the next Doctrine or stay on the Devastator Doctrine, now with the new FAQ, everyone is required to change.


Currently my Imperial Fists rely on a lot Heavy weapons so I would just stay on the Devastator Doctrine, now this is going to change some things up a bit for me, especially the two new Intercessor Units with Stalkers I was going to work on for NOVA Open, now I may just keep them as Auto Bolt Rifles.

Honestly I do feel this change is good, it was not until September when these Doctrines were first introduced, so the Doctrines still help us, not as much as it used to for me.

I am not changing any of my lists for AdeptiCon, but I may take another look at my options for NOVA Open after a few play test games with these new rules.

You can download the new FAQ by visiting Warhammer Community.

0 comments:

Post a Comment