February 18, 2020

Battle Report: W40K 2/17/2020 (CA2019 "Lockdown")

Last night my son and I played our first larger game of Warhammer 40K (1500 points) since taking the game back up.  The AdeptiCon Warhammer 40K Friendly event is 1500 points so now it was time to take all of our 500 point games we played and put all the Units together for 1500.



It was Imperial Fists vs Dark Angels and it was fun for the Imperial Fists, probably not so much so for the Dark Angels.  As stated in an earlier Battle Report, we have been playing Missions from Chapter Approved 2019 and last nights was called "Lockdown".  This was an interesting one and you start the game off with 6 Objectives on the board, but then you lose Objectives 2-5 throughout the game (each one is removed based on that Round #).  I had Objectives 1-3 near my Deployment and my son ended up having 4-6 near his, so in the long run he would be scoring more per Round.





Turn 2 I made a strategic move and decided to concentrate on the Dark Angels securing Objective #6, it paid off as I was able to eliminate a 10 man squad of Primaris Intercessors.  This was now going to allow me to go and secure that Objective and hold it through the end of the game while I lost Objectives 2 and 3 that went away.

The Imperial Fists did end up wiping out the Dark Angels by Turn 4 and won 19-6.


0 comments:

Post a Comment