February 23, 2020

Battle Report: W40K 2/22/2020 (CA2019 "Crusade")

Yesterday morning I drove out to Michigan City, IN to Heroes Haven Comics & Games and met up with a long time friend from IL to get in a practice game of Warhammer 40K.  In preparation for the AdeptiCon Friendly tournament, the game was 1500 points and my friend was playing an Eldar force (first time facing Eldar in a very very long time) and I was playing with my Imperial Fists.

We rolled off for the Mission from the Chapter Approved Eternal War and came up with "Crusade".


We then starting placing 6 Objective Markers across the table.

Next we rolled for Attacker/Defender and I lost the roll and my friend Chris chose to be the Attacker so I then proceeded to roll for the Deployment Map and rolled "Search and Destroy" and selected my Deployment Zone (which I ended up choosing the wrong one).  The Zone I gave Chris already had 2 Objective Markers in it so it was going to be an uphill battle.

Chris deployed first and then myself and then the game began.


The Eldar had some pretty good First Turn shooting with the 'Dark Reapers' destroying my 'Redemptor Dreadnought' and his bikes shooting and charging my 'Scouts' with the 'Scouts' getting wiped out.  Chris scored 1 VP to destroying a Unit in the First Turn.


My First Turn was not as good as it could have been, but my 'Centurion Devastators' did manage to destroy his 'Falcon' scoring me 1 VP and then I followed up and proceeded to kill the 'Fire Dragon' that were inside with some other models.


There was a lot of back and forth going on, but Chris was scoring 2-3 VP's per Turn from sitting on Objectives to my only 1 VP so I was following behind fast.

I think the highlight of the game was when 'Tor' charged into his 'Avatar'.  His 'Avatar' was already doing work on my 'Centurions' so it was payback.  'Tor' just demolished the 'Avatar', but a Stratagem brought him back with 6 Wounds and proceeded to do all but 1 damage to 'Tor', 'Tor' was still standing.

The following Turn after Charge fights were fought, I interrupted the Fight with "Counter Offensive" and proceeded to have 'Tor' strike down the 'Avatar' again before he was able to bring down 'Tor' and it worked.  Later in the game 'Tor' was also able to finish off one of his last bikers before succumbing to his last Wound.


From Turn 4 on it was mainly just securing the existing Objectives we had as I was too far away from securing any new ones.  At the end of Turn 6, my Imperial Fists ended up losing 17-7.  I still had my 'Chapter Master Captain/Warlord', 'Primaris Chaplain', 2x 'Eliminators' and a Unit of 'Intercessors' with Stalkers.  Chris had his Unit of 'Dark Reapers' and Unit of 'Dire Avengers'.  Those 2 Units he had scored him 10 VP's sitting on their Objectives and I could not reach them....bad pick of Deployment Zone for me.

It was a good game and great to play Chris after all these years.  We are going to try and do this about every other month alternating between Michigan City and possibly someplace closer to him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment