December 2, 2018

Battle Report: Guild Ball 12/1/2018 Butcher's vs Fisherman's

Yesterday late morning/early afternoon I took a drive up to Grand Rapids to The Gaming Warehouse and met my friend Josh for a game of Guild Ball.  I am trying to get in as much practice as possible and get ready for next weekends tournament up there.

I knew my friend lately has been playing the Fisherman's Guild led by 'Shark', so I thought it would be a good time to try out my 'Filet' list again.

 Fillet
Princess
Boiler
Meathook
V Ox
Tenderizer
Shark
Salt
Angel
Greyscales
Sakana
Fathom

The Fisherman kicked off to my Butcher's and I grabbed the ball with 'Meathook' and Passed it back to 'Filet' along with Tooled Up.  Now 'Shark' was thinking about his Turn 1 Goal.  'Shark' did manage to get into 'Filet' but he took a pretty deep cut from 'Meathook' which caused him to Bleed.  'Shark' got the ball away from 'Filet' and took the shot and scored (4-0 Fisherman), and then proceeded to Dodge behind the goal line.  Butcher's obviously did some pay back and took out 'Shark'.  At the end of Turn 1 it was 4-2 Fisherman.

End of Turn 1.

Turn 2 back and forth.  'Fathom' managed to get a Goal (with a re-roll) (8-2 Fisherman), but my Butcher's started to make a come back.  a Taken Out on 'Salt', 'Sakana' and 'Shark' brought the game up to 8-7 Fisherman at the end of Turn 2.

Turn 3, I was able to Take Out 'Fathom' (8-9 Butcher's) and my Butcher's finally took the lead.  Old man 'Greyscales' now decided to take a shot on Goal.  If he missed, and I had a pretty good setup for 2 more take outs, but unfortunately 'Greyscales' got the game winning Goal for the Win. 12-9 Fisherman.

'Greyscales' for the winning Goal.

I really enjoyed this game a lot, there was quite a bit of going back and forth and kept the game really fun.  There may be a possible rematch next weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment