April 15, 2018

Battle Report: Steamroller 4/14/2018 (Toledo, OH)

Yesterday my friend TJ and I took a drive out to Toledo Game Room in Toledo, OH (it was about a 3 hour drive for us) for a Warmachine/Hordes Steamroller event.  This was actually my first official Steamroller I ever played in, I played in events at conventions, but never a SR at a local store.

When we arrived to the store we were told to head all the way to back of the store.  WOW! It is a big store with multiple gaming rooms and an event space at the back of the store.

The event space

Our armies ready for Game 1.

Khador and Trollbloods.

My Khador.

The event was a 2 list event but no DNC, so to save space in my bag I elected just to bring 1 list and that was my Khador.  As much as I love my Minions, I play Khador a little bit faster and I am always worried about the clock.  The reason behind just 1 list, I knew I would lose my first 2 games and be out for the day, so I decided just to learn and play the 1 list.



I had 2 very fun games and I hope my opponents did too.  Yes I brought a Colossal, but that was only to help me with the clock, less models for me, the faster I can play.

Game 1 vs Minions (Maelok 1) [Blake Hoppes]

Since I have been trying to learn my Minions better and playing with ‘Maelok’, it was nice to see how he can be played.  Even though I lost in Turn 4 via Control Points (5-0), I did not clock out and I only lost 1 model in ‘Kovnik Jozef’ and I was able to take out his ‘Blackhide Wrastler’ along with more than half of each of his ‘Posse’ Units.  It was close and I made some mistakes, should have concentrated a little bit more on the scenario and I could have been earning points with one of the flags on my side of the table.







Game 2 vs Khador (Vlad 1) [Bob Larson]

Bob was a “great” guy to play against and I had fun leaning about my Khador army.  He was running ‘Vlad 1’ and I learned how good Signs & Portents spell really is, I think I may have to try him soon myself.  Bob was running 3 ‘Juggernauts’ and 3 ‘Marauders’ along with 3 Min Units of ‘Winter Guard Rifle Corps’ with 3 ‘Rocketeers’ each.  The. Min Units of WGRC are typical for a tournament list and should be something that I play, I just do not have that many WGRC models yet.  I also lost this game 5-0 on Control Points and I still had a lot of time on my clock going into the bottom of Turn 3.  There was not much I could do to stop Bob from winning this Turn, but I had fun trying.  I cleaned up some of his WGRC and I ‘Butcher 1’ go into a Marauder and a Juggernaut and rip them apart on his Feat turn, it was cool.  Bob is from the eastern side of Michigan and I hope I run across him again at some future events.

That was my 2 losses for that day, TJ at this point was 1-1 and we both decided to make the drive back home stopping along the way for an early dinner and some shopping at a Cabela’s store since there is not once close to where I live.







.









0 comments:

Post a Comment