January 4, 2015

Battle Report: 1/3/2015 X-Wing

My son (Dark Knight) and I (Arrow) played our first game of X-Wing for 2015 last night and it was brutal for the Galactic Empire.

I wanted to try out a new version for me of a 'Han Shoots First' list, and my son elected to play with the Empire.  I was shocked, he always plays the Rebels and this was only his second time with the Empire.

Game: Dogfight
Points: 100

'Han Shoots First XY' [100] (Arrow)
Han Solo (YT-1300) [62]
[Millennium Falcon, Engine Upgrade, Veteran Instincts, C-3PO, Luke Skywalker]
Biggs Darklighter (X-Wing) [25]
Tala Squadron Pilot (Z-95) [13]

'Vaders Squad' [100] (Dark Knight)
Darth Vader (TIE Advanced) [33]
[Expose]
Dark Curse (TIE Fighter) [16]
Winged Gundark (TIE Fighter) [15]
Alpha Squadron Pilot (TIE Interceptor) [18]
Alpha Squadron Pilot (TIE Intereptor) [18]

Just about all of the asteroids were in the center of the battlefield, so my plan of attack was to sweep around my left side edge and hit the Empire from behind.  Well the Empire just about had the same plan for themselves, lucky for me Darth Vader had some bad flying skills which casued him to land on top of two asteroids eliminating his chance of any shots against Han.  The Rebels took advantage of this and Han got some early shots into Vader and lowered his shield.  Tala put in a few shots on Vader and eventually Han finshed Vader off.

One of the Empire's TIE Fighter was strong enough to bring down Biggs Darklighter, but Tala then returned fire and shot down the TIE Fighter.  Rest of the Empire fleet then made easy work of Tala and now they had to attempt to bring down Han.

This was not happening and Han easily brought down the rest of the ships.

Rebel Win

A huge mistake with Vaders flying cost 'Dark Knight' the game.  I think Vader needed to fly with 2 of the TIE Interceptors and concentrate on Han (and avoiding asteroids), the the TIE Fighters on the X-Wing and Z-95.

Obviously I had fun because I won, hopefully 'Dark Knight' did to.  It's just a game and I'm glad to see he changed it up and played the Empire instead of the Rebels.  Part of the fun of this game is getting to play with all the different ships.


Rebel Fleet

Empire Fleet

Han lowers the shields on Vader.

Han fires to his backside to finish Darth Vader.

Biggs goes down to the Empire.

Tala returns fire on the TIE Fighter.

Han up close and personal to finish a TIE Interceptor.

Long range shot and brings down a TIE Fighter.

TIE Interceptor flanks Tala for the killshot.

Han with the final blow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment